Monday, July 22, 2013

The Three Diets

            The road trip is a month away, so I've placed myself on 3 "Diets" in order to maximize my hopefully not-so-once-in-a-lifetime experience.

The first is a "Dave Diet." Warning: This diet may offend some readers.  Matt has SO MUCH TO SAY almost EVERY DAY about how this Dave Matthews Concert is considered his "Mecca" and will surely be one of the top experiences of his life.  I, on the other hand, felt like the GRAVEDIGGER had begun digging my grave after I asked Matt who Dave was only AFTER he he had book the 3 day concert and camping.  Camping, grilling, and outdoors was enough for me to say yes to. Of course, I eventually recognized a few of the main stream songs but had not associated with DMB. But because I want my plane ride home from Chicago to Davis on September 19th to be filled with no regrets, I don't want to miss out on the experience of singing my heart out, dancing, and appreciating the magnitude of Dave. So: my Dave Diet consists of morning, afternoon, and night filled with playlists and playlists of DMB on repeat.

And hey, I'm beginning to recognize songs and appreciate his music! FUNNY THE WAY IT IS, huh?


The second diet is a money diet. Weekly rituals such as Thursday Night Mojito Night and Wingstop (at least twice a week) are being replaced with homemade meals. If the opportunity presents itself on the trip to do something like river rafting in the Grand Tetons (which we have scheduled time for), I want to have the funds to do so.

The last diet is your average diet: everyone wants to look their best on vacation . Matt has convinced me sugar is the devil- so we decided to stick to the Paleo (no sugar/carb) diet as much as we can. Here's some pictures of the first meals of Paleo:









No comments:

Post a Comment